HBS Test Manager
Do you spend your free time trying to figure out how to break the games you’re playing? Do you analyze and provide detailed assessment of the quality of those games to your friends? Do you love leading and coaching people so they achieve their potential? We may have a job for you!
The HBS Test Manager works at a strategic level with peers in Production, Engineering, Design and Art to plan, schedule and deliver high quality player experiences with fantastic content on time and in budget.
As Test Manager, you will drive all testing for our studio, working with the right team members to create smart test plans and managing the day-to-day assignments of our testers. Since we’re an indie studio, you’ll also be a hands-on tester yourself to ensure you’re completely in the loop on each game’s status.
An HBS Test Manager fully understands our designs and desired player experience and leverages this knowledge to manage the teams that finds those bugs that frustrate and diminish players’ enjoyment. Our Test Manager is an articulate advocate for our players and make sure the right bugs get fixed while understanding game development realities and the need to adjust to the changing requirements of the project.
- A passion for quality
- A passion for games and enjoy games like the ones we make
- Shipped multiple products/titles
- Worked successfully in a leadership position
- Worked with Developers and/or Designers as their Test partner
- Ridiculously good written and verbal communicator
- Positive, team-rallying attitude in high-stress situations
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills; able to find root causes of issues efficiently and intelligently
- Excellent knowledge of specification-based (black-box) testing techniques
- Experience writing area and/or feature test specs
- Worked with and directed external teams
- Ability to work cross-team with Production, Design, Engineering and Test
- Great planner and able to schedule a team for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to recognize and deliver on opportunities for workflow optimization
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to understand game systems and use that knowledge to create exploits
- Familiarity with console TCRs
- Scripting or coding experience (C# preferred)
- BS in Computer Science
WANT TO APPLY?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, contact information, and the name of the position you’re applying for.