WHAT IS #SPAWN4GOOD?
#SPAWN4GOOD is a platform where we give gamers ways to do good in the world via this initiative. A platform with which to talk about social issues that the greater gaming
community isn’t addressing. Especially those affecting gamers of color and other underrepresented groups.
The next topic we’re tackling is reproductive rights and abortion access for women, transgender, and non-binary people. We at Spawn On Me understand that all encompassing healthcare is a right and we want to do what we can to support those fighting for those rights. Congressional barriers to necessary healthcare is something we want to push back against while educating and supporting those in need.
When thinking about this particular topic to raise funds for, We envisioned that we would have a higher ratio of women streamers than men. Although our show is hosted by two men, we both deeply care about these issues. We also know that since we can’t speak to these topics from personal experience we are giving a platform to those who have, do and will.
So I’m hoping that for a weekend we flip Twitch on its head and have a bunch of badass people talk about these topics & issues frankly while playing games they love to make a difference.
We’ll be using the tags #S4G2 and #ReclaimRoe during the event to both share our platform, and bring awareness that Roe v Wade’s anniversary will be happening 4 days after MLK day.
I will be starting to stream around noon PST (possibly earlier to kick off the event) I would suggest this time for your respective time zones as well. That way I can route folks via social media towards your streams and we’ll hosting them as well.
WHO ARE WE DONATING TO?
This year our donations will go to http://www.fundabortionnow.org/
For more info on who they are go here: http://www.fundabortionnow.org/about/our-work
Here are their tenets: http://www.fundabortionnow.org/about/our-beliefs
Here is the donation link to put in your streams: http://tinyurl.com/s4g2016
SUGGESTED RULES FOR THE STREAM
- Ask people to donate. I’ll provide a link to where all donation funds will go.
- You can and should promote your respective platform (Website, Blog, Podcast) . I think it’s important for all those involved to share that they are doing something positive not only for our people but for the greater gaming community.
- Have fun, although some of these circumstances are dire and continuing. I believe that gaming should be an enjoyable hobby. This stream could be cathartic to us and our viewers, so please have fun with your respective stream.
- If you can or do already have mods for your streams, please let them know that we are hoping to have a positive day while this is going. We probably will get more trolls than usual.
*If you already have a list of banned words for your Twitch stream PLEASE share it so we can give it to all our streamers for the weekend.
- If you have any on-screen notifications (follower/sub/tips) that might be fitting with the theme of our event we ask that you please swap those out if you stream with us.
We want to collect as many moments from our streams so if you are viewing or want folks watching to have an easy way to do so I suggest this chrome plugin. It’s AWESOME!:
We want to keep viewership up as much as possible to please host other folks’ streams when you go offline or on a break. Also letting folks know via your SM channels helps with this. If you aren’t familiar with hosting folks on Twitch here is a great chrome ext that will let you do it with one click plus other features.
Here is a list of games we greenlit from the last event that were light on human on human violence. (We can and should discuss any other games we can add to this list to play)
PLEASE ADD TO THE LIST.
If there are any other resources that we should add please let us know and send us links. We want these to be easy to share during the stream to our audiences.