3BD Contract Game Engineer Job Description:
What is 3BLACKDOT (3BD)
3BLACKDOT is startup dedicated to creating a new model for developing and publishing video games and gaming related experiences. 3BD’s team is made up of some of the largest YouTube and Twitch gaming Influencers that collectively have over 40 million followers and generate more than 500 million views per month on their YouTube and Twitch content. Our objective is to create new ways to bring games and gaming related experiences to our built-in audience of millions of gamers.
The products and experiences we create need to scale to meet our consumers’ ravenous consumption and the commoditization of game development. With tools like Unity & Unreal and platforms like Steam, iTunes App Store, and Google play, games are being released at an exponential pace, making it significantly harder for people to discover games. We are setting out to solve this issue of discoverability and rabid consumption by creating experiences that are not only fun to play, but considering how much gaming related content is consumed on platforms such as YouTube and Twitch, these experiences must also be fun to watch. In order to accomplish this, we must innovate on the process of designing, developing, and marketing games.
We are a very small cross-functional team, that is passionate about taking a non-traditional approach to nearly everything we do, with a desire to ask questions and solve problems. We are looking to build a team of people that believe almost any problem can be solved with creativity and innovation. We are building a team that says “Yes, it can be done… now let’s figure out how!”
3BD’s game engineers will develop the next-generation technologies that will change how video games are developed and published. Our ambitions reach far beyond just making fun games. We’re looking for ideas from every area of game development, social media, user acquisition, marketing, design, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a game engineer, you work on a small cross-functional team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to innovative and push technology forward.
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain a working pipeline for leveraging pre-existing along with creating new tools & plugins that allow us to innovate on the process of developing and publishing games.
- Researching and vetting out 3rd party plugins that can be integrated into our development and publishing pipeline.
- Developing & implementing next-generation “middleware” solutions with a focus on rapid deployment.
- Redesigning pre-existing solutions and implementing new solutions that are more efficient.
- Designing and building a scalable middleware framework that can be deployed across many games.
- Creating and publishing Steam, iTunes Connect, and Google Play builds
- Identifying, testing, deploying and maintaining plugins and software that may or may not have been specifically designed to integrate with the platforms we are working on.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field
or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with C#, Unity, Java Script, with an interest in rapid prototyping.
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Working knowledge of Steam and iTunes Connect